CAREERS: Office Assistant
Creates and maintains sales information by researching and analyzing data; preparing reports; making appropriate recommendations
- Compile and organize sales order, invoicing, and payment information.
- Organize, maintain, and follow-up on exceptions to calculations.
- Resolve discrepancies and communicate results to stakeholders and management.
- Work with Information Technology groups to test functionality of software programs prior to general release (e.g., verification of cost calculation in profitability algorithms)
- Act as general backup for A/R and other accounting tasks in case of personnel shortages.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Cross-train other individuals to ensure business continuity
- Maintain customer/employee confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be able to work in fast paced environment where work versatility is key
- Ability to communicate efficiently across all the multiple facets of the company
- Ability to work with confidential information
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Research and reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, confidentiality, time management, data entry management, general accounting software skills (e.g., QuickBooks)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, excellent math skills and ability to think outside the box.